May 2021 – cover.world

Forum Forums Featured Clients May 2021 – cover.world

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lexiconn 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

lexiconn
    Keymaster

Description: Cover World was launched back in 2017 by Steven Dietrich. Cover World was originally a jet ski cover ecommerce storefront.  The site now sells bimini tops and boat covers, with RV and car covers being released soon.

The COVID19 ecommerce boom has helped fuel growth for the store, in part due to increased demand for marine related products.  Cover World has been lucky to work with only USA manufacturers, which helped allow for on time fulfillment while competitors selling overseas covers couldn’t stock covers.

Technologies Used: Steven states, “We started on Magento 1 and quickly upgraded to Magento 2.  It was very buggy at first but with a senior level M2 developer you’ll be fine.  We chose Magento 2 due to a custom and large database requirement (250,000 product SKUs).

For marketing I’d skip the SEO agencies and hire a good content writer/planner first.  A good PPC agency is key if you are going to run ads efficiently, checkout The PPC Guys.”

Advice / Tips: Steven finished, “I’ve worked with a number of developers and web hosts over the years, my current setup with LexiConn and a Florida based Magento developer is so much better now.  Let LexiConn take care of DevOps and server side items, they’re better than everyone I tried and communication is a near instant reply.  I’d recommend hiring an individual freelancer to handle development, agencies don’t normally have motivation to get deeply involved in every project.  It’s a night and day difference when your hosting and development just works, thanks LexiConn!”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.