July 2020 – metoliusclimbing.com

Forum Forums Featured Clients July 2020 – metoliusclimbing.com

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lexiconn 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

lexiconn
    Keymaster

Description: Metolius Climbing came to be when Doug Phillips started making rock climbing gear out of his garage in Camp Sherman, Oregon during the early 1980s. Metolius Climbing, takes its name from the Metolius River near his house. The company slowly outgrew the garage and relocated to Bend, Oregon and is now a brand that has worldwide recognition. It’s still a relatively small company owned and operated by climbers and outdoor enthusiasts.

Jason from the company states, “While Metolius does sell directly to the public via our website the website is mostly an online catalog and a source of information for retail outlets like REI or Moosejaw who sell our equipment in their brick and mortar stores or their websites, as well as a resource for our international distributors in over 45 countries. Rock climbing has many disciplines within the sport like bouldering, big wall climbing, trad climbing, indoor climbing, and sport climbing. Metolius makes products for all these categories like crash pads, porta-ledges, packs, bags, carabiners, climbing protection like cams, gloves, harnesses, climbing holds, training boards, plus much more. Our website is also a great source of information giving tips on training, or guides on how to safely use our equipment.”

Technologies Used: Jason continued, “Metolius hired a Certified ShopSite Design company to design and build our new website but unfortunately they had to close up shop during the process. But they recommended us to another Certified ShopSite Designer by the name of Lauren Brewer from Lauren Hill Design. Her experience and expertise with the ShopSite platform is second to none, as well as her knowledge of website development. Also another great resource is the ShopSite forums which I have used many times over the years.”

Advice / Tips: Jason finished, “I can’t say enough good things about the support team at LexiConn. It is probably the best customer support I have ever experienced. They have hosted our website for over ten years and I have gotten to know many of them by name. Whether you call or email the response is always quick, and the entire staff is helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.