August 2014 – twosaltydogs.net

Forum Forums Featured Clients August 2014 – twosaltydogs.net

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lexiconn 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

lexiconn
    Keymaster

Description: Two Salty Dogs Pet Outfitters is a small brick-and-mortar pet supply store on the coast of Maine.  Don from Two Salty Dogs states, “We feature healthy food, treats, and toys for dogs and cats.  We specialize in locally-made items and things that you won’t see in larger fluorescent-lit stores.  Things like dog leashes and toys made from recycled Maine lobster line and treats made with real Maine lobster.  We also offer collars and leashes made right here in Maine with patterns created by local artists.  We try to buy things that are as close to home as possible.  “Buying American Made and Sourced” is hugely important to us from a quality standpoint.

We have only been around for two years and we are proud to have won “Best Pet Store in Maine” for those first two years.  Our philosophy is anchored in providing quality items and service for people who want to have fun with their pets.  We try to keep things light, and we keep a sense of humor about ourselves at all times.  Furthermore, we take pride in supporting our local shelter and local animal rescue organizations.  Every year we hold “The Mutt Scrub” where an army of volunteer kids give up a Saturday in July to wash dogs for donations to the shelter.

The real stars of our shop are our three Black Labrador Retrievers — Max, Coal, and Auggie.  People come by just to say hi to them and give them a treat.  And Boothbay Harbor is such a dog-friendly town: there is so much to do with your Furry Four-Legged Buddy here.  There are great coast-side trails, dog-friendly boat tours, lots of pet-friendly accommodations, and just about every retail shop has a water bowl and a treat for your pup.”

Technologies Used: Don continued, “For the reasons noted above, we shied away from a conventional straight e-commerce shop.  We wanted our site to have a personal touch to reflect our brick-and-mortar business.  We wanted a page of local pet-friendly accommodations and resources because a rising tide floats all boats.  We wanted a Dog Blog that our dogs “write” about all things dog going on in Boothbay.  And we wanted to keep our “Salty Friends” where kids can submit a photo and a tongue-in-cheek biography of their beloved pets.  We used Merchant Corner as our developer and they completely understood our goals and absolutely nailed our intentions. ShopSite as our ecommerce cart was relatively easy to understand and implement.”

And I have to say that LexiConn’s customer service is the best.  I would email them with a question at 3am, and have an answer by 3:15.  I don’t like working that late, but when I have to, it’s so great to get resolution so quickly.”

Advice / Tips: Don finished, “Do not hesitate to ask LexiConn questions.  Being a website novice, I was hesitant to email or call.  But as the site progressed, I realized they were my greatest resource.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.