Here are instructions on configuring Microsoft Outlook Express for sending and receiving the E-Mail associated with your LexiConn account.
1. Click the "Tools" menu at the top to pull down a list of it's options and select "Accounts"
2. Click the button that says "Add". This will open up a small menu with three options. Select "Mail".
3. Where it says "Display Name:", enter your name in the box next to it if it is not automatically entered and click Next.
4. Where it says "E-mail Address:", enter your E-Mail address in the box next to it.
NOTE: If you are setting up Outlook to check a POP box that has an alias pointed to it, you will need to enter the address of the alias since this is the E-Mail address that you want to have show up as the From address when you send an E-Mail. If you are not sure of whether the account you are trying to set up is an alias or not, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know your settings.
5. Where it says "My incoming mail server is a:", select POP3 if it is not already selected.
6. Where it says "Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server:", enter mail.your_domain.com in the box next to it, replacing your_domain.com with your domain name.
7. Where it says "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:", enter mail.your_domain.comin the box next to it, replacing your_domain.com with your domain name. Click Next
8. Where it says "Account Name:", enter the login name for your E-Mail account. Usually, this is the first part of your E-Mail address (the part before the @ symbol). If you are aliasing a different address to this account, do not enter the alias here. If you are not sure of whether the account you are trying to set up is an alias or not , contact us at email@example.com and we will let you know your settings.
9. Where it says "Password:", enter the password which corresponds to the POP box. If you are setting up the POP box for your main account (i.e. your_domain@your_domain.com) then you will need to enter your main account password.
By default, the "Remember password" box is checked. If you do not want Outlook to remember your password, uncheck this box. If you do so, you will need to enter your password each time you open Outlook and check for new E-Mail.
10. Leave the box that says "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" unchecked. Click Next.
11. Click Finish. The window will close.
12. Click "Close" on the previous window
13. Click the "Send/Recv" button in the upper left to check for new mail.