Your domain has to meet the following requirements in order to be transferred successfuly:
- A domain that was registered or renewed fewer than 60 days ago cannot be transferred to us. Simply wait 60 days and transfer afterwards.
- Domains that are on HOLD cannot be transferred. Registrars generally place a domain on hold when it is in dispute between two parties. Until the ownership issue is resolved and the domain is taken out of hold, it cannot be transferred.
- If the existing registrar has the domain name locked for either non-payment or at the user's request, the domain cannot be transferred. If you have purchased but not paid for a domain name, the existing registrar will not permit it to be transferred.
- Expired domains cannot be transferred. The original registrar has the right to refuse the transfer of an expired and unpaid domain. To be on the safe side, we suggest that you should allow a minimum of 7 days prior to the expiration date to do the transfer.
- If you don't have access to the existing Admin Contact e-mail of the domain, the transfer cannot be done. The Admin Contact's approval via e-mail is required. If your domain's Admin Contact e-mail is not valid anymore, you should first update it with your existing registrar, and then apply for transfer.
Do not attempt to transfer a domain if it does not meet the above requirements. Contact us if you have any questions.